What a special day! I made Mia a cake...a chocolate cake! It was delicious. I received many awesome "happy birthday" wishes for little Mia today. Thanks to everyone that sent a note, it means so much to me! I got to use my gift certificate to my friend's consignment shop today. I got some really cute outfits. Thank God for consignment, I couldn't have afforded the close I chose for her had they been valued at their original prices. And, the thing is that a great deal of them still had tags attached where they'd never even been worn! I came home and my mother-in-law had gone to the mall and bought Mia some outfits for when I go to get her, then some fall outfits as well. All in all it ended up being a pretty good day. The kids AND my husband joined in to sing Happy Birthday to Mia and the cake was great.
Here are a couple pictures of Mia's cake. I'm no Martha Stewart (obviously!) but I enjoyed making it.
Mia's 2nd Birthday Cake with 2 Candles
Mia's two brothers and sister blowing out the candles.
The final blow.
After the candles came out.
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Still Celebrating For My Birthday Girl!
Posted by Mia's Mommy at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The cake is so pretty! Happy Birthday Mia!
Hopefully it won't be long now!
The picture of the kids blowing out the candles is very sweet. I'm sure they are really anxious for little sister to come home.
Glad you all had a fun time!
It looks great!! I am glad you guys had your own little Mia party. You have great looking kiddos!
Post a Comment