CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Mommy's Coming For You Baby Girl!!

Oh, I've been dieing to post this! I received my travel assignment. It's official. I'll be arriving in VN on September 20th. Hehehehe. I'm soooo excited. I can't wait to see my baby girl.

Okay, we're on clothes overload here. I told my family about the date and my mother-in-law went out and bought TONS of clothes. It's summer sale season and since VN is HOT she bought everything she saw (at all 5 different stores) on sale. I had gone to my friend's shop and gotten some outfits, then my mother goes today and buys her a bunch of stuff too. Clothes, books, toys, outfits... My other friend gave her an Asian baby doll and I went and did the Imelda thing and bought her a bunch of shoes. There are clothes EVERYWHERE!

Last night was really sweet. Because things haven't worked out for me and D~ to travel together to get our girls, I had no one to travel with me. So, last night I went to my friend B~'s house (my friend that had volunteered in the Red Cross orphanage where Mia lives) and asked B~'s mom, DS~, to travel with me. She cried, B~ cried, I cried...it was sweet. She said she'd have to pray about it.

I talked to her today and she's going! I'm so excited that she'll be able to share in this. She's never been to VN, but for her to be able to see where her daughter lived, where she volunteered, see some of the children she's only seen photos of or heard stories about; that will be amazing! The story has come around full circle. God has been so great to allow this to work out in this manner. I'm so excited (have a said that yet?)!

Get ready Mia, here comes Mommy!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto Thy name, O most High." -Psalm 92:1

“Unto Him who is able to do exceeding, abundantly, above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us…unto Him be all the glory…” – Eph. 3:20

Melissa,
Praise the Lord! I am so happy for you and your family. Mia it won't be long now; Mommy is nearly on her way!

Sherri said...

I am so excited. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. I know that Mia is waiting for her Mommy! It won't be long now.

I can't wait to hear the details of your trip.

Melanie said...

This is such terrific news. Your little girl is going to have so many cute outfits she won't be able wear any of them one more than once. :) Congrats again. I can't wait to hear all about your travels.

Kelly said...

I am soooooo happy for you. I can't wait to see pictures of you and your little girl. This is so wonderful!!!

Jena said...

Melissa-
I can't believe it! I am so happy for you. What a long trusting journey you have been on. You are an example to me. Thank you.
Jena